A must do for adventure seekers with a strong stomach. This tour will take you on a ride to remember traveling across endless shifting sand you will see unique tree islands from the ancient forest, a view of the Siuslaw River and sometimes wildlife!
1/2 Hour Tour $35.00 per person • 10 miles of dunes
1 Hour Tour $65.00 per person • 19 miles of dunes and 1 mile of beach
RESERVATIONS ARE RECOMMENDED
- Larger groups can be accommodated with additional dune buggies.
- Minimum Age – 3 years old. Children under 18 are provided with a helmet.
- All passengers are provided with goggles to wear.
- 2 person minimum for 1/2 hour tour – 4 person minimum for 1 hour tour
- 10% discount for groups of 20 or more when paid as a group.
Open March thru December Read Closure Dates Below
- Sandrail tours are not for people with vertebrae issues, health concerns or have problems with motion sickness.
- Maximum weight limit of 300 lbs. Our buggies are built to take 7 average sized people under 200 lbs. If you have above average sized people in your group, you may be asked to pay for an extra seat/seats depending on the average weight of your reservation.
- This tour is recommended for adventure seekers who enjoy rides. You will be riding with others and we are unable to slow the tour down.
- Pregnant women are not allowed on Sandrail tours but can take the Giant Buggy tour if not under doctor’s restrictions.
- DRESS WARMLY ON TOURS. We run our tours rain or shine so come prepared for the weather! A hooded coat or sweatshirt, long pants and closed toed shoes are recommended. Our average temperatures with wind chill can be as low as 50 degrees. The forecast is unreliable.
- Car keys, wallets, cell phones and valuables should be secured in a zippered pocket. We are not responsible for lost items.
- Great photo opportunities but protect your camera from blowing sand. There is always a chance you will get sand in your camera, even if you’re careful.
- Allow plenty of drive time for road construction, bridge work and 35 mph traffic. You may miss your tour if your late. No Refunds.
*******PLEASE NOTE: TAXES & FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE (7% of total booking) ********
DAYS/HOURS OF OPERATION
March to Memorial weekend – Tuesday through Saturday
Memorial weekend thru Labor Day weekend – 7 Days a week
Monday – Saturday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. with extended summer hours
Sunday 11 a.m. – 5 p.m. with extended summer hours.
September – Open Labor Day Weekend – Tuesday through Sunday – See additional closure days below<>October thru December – Tuesday through Saturday
Closed – Months of January and February
Sunday and Monday in March, April, May (except Memorial weekend), October, November and December.
September – Closed Mondays (except Labor Day weekend) Also closed the first 4 Days after Labor Day Monday
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day