A must do for adventure seekers with a strong stomach. This tour will take you on a ride to remember traveling across endless shifting sand you will see unique tree islands from the ancient forest, a view of the Siuslaw River and sometimes wildlife!
1/2 Hour Tour $35.00 per person • 10 miles of dunes
1 Hour Tour $65.00 per person • 19 miles of dunes and 1 mile of beach
RESERVATIONS ARE RECOMMENDED
- Larger groups can be accommodated with additional dune buggies.
- Minimum Age – 3 years old. Children under 18 are provided with a helmet.
- All passengers are provided with goggles to wear.
- 2 person minimum for 1/2 hour tour – 4 person minimum for 1 hour tour
- 10% discount for groups of 20 or more when paid as a group.Open March thru December Read Closure Dates Below
Open March thru December Read Closure Dates Below
- Sandrail tours are not for people with vertebrae issues, health concerns or have problems with motion sickness.
- This tour is recommended for adventure seekers who enjoy rides. You will be riding with others and we are unable to slow the tour down.
- Pregnant women are not allowed on Sandrail tours but can take the Giant Buggy tour if not under doctor’s restrictions.
- DRESS WARMLY ON TOURS. We run our tours rain or shine so come prepared for the weather! A hooded coat or sweatshirt, long pants and closed toed shoes are recommended. Our average temperatures with wind chill can be as low as 50 degrees. The forecast is unreliable.
- Car keys, wallets, cell phones and valuables should be secured in a zippered pocket. We are not responsible for lost items.
- Great photo opportunities but protect your camera from blowing sand. There is always a chance you will get sand in your camera, even if you’re careful.
- Allow plenty of drive time for road construction, bridge work and 35 mph traffic. You may miss your tour if your late. No Refunds.
*******PLEASE NOTE: TAXES & FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE (4% of total booking) ********
DAYS/HOURS OF OPERATION
March to Memorial weekend – Tuesday through Saturday
Memorial weekend thru Labor Day weekend – 7 Days a week – Open 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. with extended summer hours.
September – Open Labor Day Weekend – Tuesday through Sunday – See additional closure days below
October thru December – Tuesday through Saturday
Closed – Months of January and February
Sunday and Monday in March, April, May (except Memorial weekend), October,
November and December.
September – Closed Mondays (except Labor Day weekend) Also closed the first 4 Days after Labor Day Monday
Closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
Tours Under Special Permit to Oregon Dunes NRA/Forest Service
“In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability. (Not all prohibited bases apply to all programs.) To file a complaint of discrimination, write USDA, Director, Office of Civil Rights, Room 326-W, Whitten Building, 1400 Independence Avenue, SW, Washington, D.C. 20250-9410 or call (202) 720-5964 (voice and TDD). USDA is an equal opportunity provider and employer.”